The first “transit talk” organized by the new Transit Riders Union of St. Louis was a great success, 90 minutes of good ideas on improving the transit experience for all riders on all modes.
Some ideas from last nights meeting included:
- Basic manners on transit: letting people off before getting on and exiting from the back of the bus
- A need for security on buses
- A way to highlight buses and the neighborhoods/local businesses they serve
- SLU’s desire to operate a shuttle between Midtown and Downtown (to their new law school) which will duplicate the #10 Gravois Lindell bus
- Businesses who work to remove bus stops in front of them and what we can do about it
If you missed the discussion last night at Urban Eats we have two more coming up — both next week.
Tuesday March 20th, noon – 1pm, at the offices of the Landmarks Association of St. Louis, 911 Washington Ave (Suite 170) in the Lammert Building and Wednesday March 21st, 7pm-8:30pm, at the Julia Davis Library, 4415 Natural Bridge. See our original post here.
Many thanks to Urban Eats for hosting our event!